Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy (Belated) Easter!!

Easter is my favorite day. It is the ultimate symbol of hope. I honsetly have a hard time comprehending the magnitude of what Christ did for me, for all of us on the cross. I try my best, but I am just incapable of understanding that kind of selfless love. It's the kind of love I try to grasp so that I can model it in all of my relationships, most of all my relationship with Christ himself. I fall short as always, but because of His death in my place on Calvary, He takes me just as I am. For that I want Him to have all of me, at my best, yet even that isn't good enough.

But that's not why Easter is so important. Christ is alive today and that is why we celebrate; that is why we have hope. If He had not risen, He wouldn't have accomplished anything more than a noble deed. By conquering Death, Hell, and the Grave, He proved His power and love for us. I love Easter for all it represents. Thank you, Jesus for what You did for me.

Easter was a great day emotionally for me. I went to church in a totally cute Easter dress, and came home and spent the day with my immediate family. Even at age 20, I still hunt eggs. (But hey, they have money in them so you would too!) The Easter Bunny (Gatlin) gave me four baby ducks that have also helped me to battle my illness. Easter gave me the much needed hope in my life! I am eternally grateful to Christ for what He has done for me!

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing you continue to be for me and my life... know we are always praying for you and the healing that only God can bring..

    ReplyDelete