Friday, February 12, 2010

My God is Good All the Time

I am exhausted.  But this time, it's because I had such a wonderful day!  Last week my spirits were down, and I cried out to God for help and hope.  As always, He doesn't answer me right away like I want Him too, but waits for His perfect timing.  Three days later, I was miraculously bubbly and chipper! I was no less sicker, but my spirit was being restored, just as I had asked.

I went further and asked my God if He could let me know somehow that He was there for me.  I wanted to feel something tangible.  Today, He answered my prayer.  It snowed close to 5 inches in Elba, Alabama!  My dad woke me up at 7:00 and there was this beautiful, white miracle outside my window!  Snow has always been important to me, and I'm not sure why.  I guess because it's a rare phenomenon here in South Alabama.  But I think it is really because there is something heavenly about watching snow fall.  

I couldn't help but squeal in delight when I saw the glistening blanket covering our land!  Each snowflake that touched me felt like a small kiss from God, letting me know He cared. I couldn't stop thanking God for this glorious gift!  I couldn't stop smiling all day; my spirit is healed and I feel renewed.

I spent the rest of the day with family making a giant snowman, engaging in a snowball fight, aiding in building a snow fort, sledding and surfing through the snow blanket, and trying to capture this day with my camera.  I had just a blessed day, and I felt the presence of God in every part of it.

God, thank you for answering my prayer in such an unexpected way! I am grateful that you gave me the patience to wait for You.  Thank you so so so much for mending my broken spirit!  You are such an amazingly wonderful Father!  I pray that this relationship that we have now will not fade!  Please hold me accountable so that I will not drift from Your ways.  Continue to guide me!  Thank you for loving me even though I am unlovable!  Thank you God, for I have learned that You do answer prayers in Your perfect time!


1 comment:

  1. What a blessing I know you are to your Mom and Dad...their faces light up when they speak your name..You are truly an inspiration to all around you... I pray for you daily that the health issue that plages you will be resolved
    Ramona Kelley

    ReplyDelete