Sunday, January 3, 2010

Can't Believe that My Blog Made It to Facebook

Haha! I totally wrote this blog really late one night intending to delete it the next day! Somehow it made it to facebook, which just shows how technologically challenged I am! :-)  I truly appreciate the support that from those who have read it! Since it's already out there, I guess it's too late to delete it now!

I hope that in continuing this blog the trials I have been through will help someone else out there.  Everyone has their own storms in their life.  An undiagnosed illness is mine.  I once read, "Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain."  I can't express how true that is.  In order to overcome any battles in your life, you must not simply ride the storm out, but rather find a way to persevere through it.

Many days I don't ever won't to be cured of this illness because I have learned so much by experiencing this!  In a way, that's how you need to approach storms in your life.  Count your blessings even while your boat is being rocked, praise God even though you're seasick, seek after righteousness even when you can't see your way.  

One of my new favorite Bible verses is "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness for they will be filled." Matthew 5:7  God was able to use my situation to bring this verse home to me.  See I know what it's like to be so hungry your stomach painfully cramps, and so dehydrated after throwing up.  That is the word picture that the disciples were trying to paint.  The best thing about this verse is that one day, I will be full.  No matter what you're going through hunger and thirst after God like never before and you will be filled in His perfect time!

1 comment: